Monday, September 15, 2008

Question of the Week, Sept. 15, 2008

WOW! It's incredible how much the web impacts our lives. I find it somewhat scary how large of a role computers and their applications have in our everyday interactions. It is very convenient, some of the time, to use computers and digital text instead of handwriting something, but it loses personal characteristics. It's kind of an oxymoron; the more personal information we are sharing with people, we are doing it in such an impersonal way! I would much rather receive written messages from family and friends than e-mailed or typed messages, but e-mail does travel faster. I am a very traditional person, so I have a hard time trying to justify myself using all of this technology when I don't need it, per se. The video was VERY interesting. I didn't ever realize, or understand, the difference between the content and applications in website design. The flexibility and possible applications for the web and digital text are endless and will continue to change and expand due to rapidly developing technology.

No comments: