Thursday, September 25, 2008

Question of the Week, Oct. 1, 2008 (reversed with last week's question)

Sorry, this is the answer to last week's question because I accidentally did this week's question last week!
Anyways, I haven't heard too many urban legends. I have heard a couple through watching MythBusters in Physics class last year, though. I heard the one about the microwaved insides from tanning, industrial lift catapult, and several others. I also have heard about Poseidon being screened as the Titanic was sinking, bad images and words in Disney films, Mr. Ed was really a zebra, the $1000 forwarding emails where you get money from AOL or Bill Gates, and also several cryptozoology legends.
I never totally believed any urban legends that when I found out that they weren't true I wasn't surprised. I just wasn't exposed to too many urban legends to believe any. Of course, there are a ton of superstition and wives tales such as different wedding traditions, throwing salt over your left shoulder, and good luck legends that I have heard but I don't think they fall into the "Urban Legends" category as we are defining it.
As a result, I never really spread any urban legends just because I didn't hear them.

No comments: