Friday, September 5, 2008

Question of the Week, Sept. 10, 2008

I have done numerous different types of writing; from poems, journal entries, and short stories to academic papers and lab reports. The longest paper I have ever written is a 20 page report on WWI. It was tedious and took an immense amount of research, but was quite interesting. Of all the types of writing, I enjoy journaling about personal experiences the most. Research papers are also interesting, depending on the subject. I love writing about travel destinations, historical events, and biographical reports on interesting historical figures. I love history, especially that of the United States from 1700-present. However, I hate writing lab reports and research papers with boring topics. Poems are also quite difficult for me to write, especially when they have to be structured in a certain way (sonnet, haiku, etc.) or have a rhyme scheme. I find it challenging to write about myself and my personal experiences when I know that it is going to be read by others outside of my immediate circle of family and friends. However, I find it relieving to write about myself when I am writing a journal or diary entry or a letter to friends or family. I get very self concsious when I know that others will read about me and it almost makes me feel vulnerable.

No comments: