Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Question of the Week, Oct. 22, 2008

This article was very interesting!! I felt that it was totally true for me. I have found that my "reading" on the web is more of a skimming for important words and points. I feel that it is harder to concentrate when reading on the web because of sidebars and other page features, as well as being harder on the eyes than just reading from a book. It also has a much less formal feel than reading from a book. Online reading is probably hurting today's generation in that it is teaching them to read in a very haphazard, unproductive way. I personally find it easier, more interesting, and much more productive to read from a paper source. The move to digitize learning is what should be slowed down. Everything is so fast paced and rushed; we have no chance to sit down and learn/observe. Online reading is only hurting us more.

No comments: