Monday, October 6, 2008

Question of the week, Oct. 15, 2008

Now that the UL unit is drawing to a close, I can say that I have learned what sources to trust and which to be careful and wary of. In order to tell if something is true, I must investigate the source and obtain all possible supporting information and possibly other similar stories. I can then compare sources and stories to see how they line up and think about the plausibility of these various tales that I hear. If the story comes from a first-hand witness, there is a greater sense of truthfulness than if it came through a grapevine of people. The internet, even if the author says that they are an eyewitness, is not a totally trustworthy source of information considering anyone can say pretty much anything they want to, without having any checks on it.

No comments: